Who had the best album between Meek Mill's "Dreams & Nightmares" or Kendrick
Lamar's "Good Kidd, M.A.A.D. City"?
Even before these 2 artist dropped their debut albums, fans where asking this question.
Me personally, I say K. Dot has the best album hands down. That's not saying
Meek had a bad album, just saying Lamar's was better and i'll explain why.
Meek has be grinding for the last few years putting out 2 platinum mixtapes "Dreamchasers 1 & 2" doing 3 tours and working with every major artist from Nas to Mary J and he did it all with out an album. But when I spend my 10 bucks to purchase an album I expect to get something for my money and Dreams and Nightmares sounds like it could be Dreamchasers 3.
The first thing I noticed when my Itunes version of the album finished downloading, was the album had no flow to it. While most of the tracks are bangers, thats just what this album is... A bunch of bangers a.k.a. A Mixtape! The next thing I noticed was all this nigga rap about is clapping, drugs, bitches, and prison. No matter what tempo the beat brings, Meeks lyrics stay in the same. Another thin I dislike about Meek's album is the Ross features. This nigga is on like every other track. If I wanted A MMG album I would listen to Self Made.
So what makes Kendricks album better? The first thing is the flow of the entire album, each song is apart of a story of the bigger story which brakes down throughout the album. After the first track you forget your listening to an album and not a story. While each song fits with the story, each track is a banger on their own.
Meek is a real nigga, he hungry for that money. In today's hip hop game, an artist makes their money on the road doing them shows. Getting that show money is the number one thing on his mind. So when an artist is doing 120 shows a year that's a show every 3 days. That artist can not solely focus on an album when he is on the road everyday doing shows and press and I think that's where Meek fucked up.
GKMC sounds like Kendrick put more thought, time, and heart into his album. So this round of "Which Is Better?" goes to Kendrick Lamar's "Good Kidd, M.A.A.D. City".
Louis Moore
HipHopJunkiez.com
Facebook Blogger Plugin by JustNaira.com | Get Widget
