John Lydon, lead singer of punk Gods The Sex Pistols, recently gave his thoughts on hip-hop superstar Jay-Z. The two both released memoirs in the past year and are competing against each other for an NME Shockwave award in the Best Book category but apparently the legend, who is known for starting controversy, doesn’t think much of the Roc Nation CEO.
“Come on! I’m afraid what he does is parody to me,” exclaimed the rocker to NME. “Jay-Z’s just nonsense. I’ve never met him, but twice I’ve had to play a stage opposite when he was on. One was in Coachella and one was in Poland, and both times I pulled an enormous crowd away from him. He certainly must have noticed.”
In other news, Jay-Z is continually expanding his Roc Nation brand. The newest signee is Harley Viera-Newton, a DJ/Model, who has had made a name for herself in recent years. Having recently graduated from New York University’s School of Individualized Study, Viera-Newton is currently the House DJ and beauty ambassador for Dior Beauty.
“Aside from killing it on the one’s and two’s, Newton has caught the eye of fashion insiders,” reads a statement from a Roc Nation representative.
Facebook Blogger Plugin by JustNaira.com | Get Widget

Post a Comment